The Tutorials Chair of GECCO 2021 invites domain experts to submit proposals for presenting a tutorial at GECCO 2021. The NON-EXTENSIBLE deadline is:
- Proposals for tutorials: November 5, 2020
- Acceptance Decision: December 3, 2020
Tutorials at GECCO will be presented by domain experts to cover current topics relevant to evolutionary computation researchers and practitioners. Each tutorial will be 110 minutes long. We encourage the inclusion of interactive activities and demos.
Tutorials will be free to all GECCO attendees. It is expected that all the instructors involved in a tutorial will attend the conference. One instructor/presenter of each accepted tutorial will get a discounted registration. (The discount can be divided among tutorial instructors if there are more than one. Each presenter is eligible for only a single tutorial discount, i.e., it is not possible to aggregate discounts from multiple tutorials).
Accepted tutorials' slide sets will be published as part of a Companion volume to the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital library.
To submit a proposal click in the button below (you need to log in). Submitters should be prepared to provide the following information:
- The tutorial title. Please refrain from using special characters in the title.
- A description of scope and content. This field will also be displayed on the website as the default description for the tutorial if it is accepted.
- The name, affiliation, email and short bio of the organizer(s). The first organizer will be the default contact person, but more organizers can be designated as contact person.
- The expected number of people attending the tutorial.
- A description of who might be interested in the tutorial.
- (Optional but highly encouraged) A description of any interactive activity or demo planned within the tutorial presentation.
- (Optional) If this tutorial was held in a different venue or is a modification of another tutorial, please indicate the venue and/or the changes.
- (Optional) Any other relevant information to evaluate the tutorial proposal.
Please log in to submit a proposal
- If you already have an account on this site, you need to log in. Please note that in 2021 your user name is now your email address and that most user accounts from 2020 and before have not been migrated to the new website.
- If you don't have an account, you need to register a new account.
- When a passcode is required, enter 'q2M1G!@f' (without the quotes).
- Confirm your email address and log in to the site.
If you have questions regarding the tutorials at GECCO 2021, please contact the Tutorials Chair:
Gisele L. Pappa
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Email: glpappa (at) dcc.ufmg.br
If you encounter issues or have questions about the Tutorial Proposal submission process on the GECCO website, please contact the Electronic Media Chair:
University of Lille, France
Email: nadarajen.veerapen (at) univ-lille.fr
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the Tutorials Chair and other members of the GECCO 2021 organizing committee. Final decisions will be made based on GECCO attendees' likely interest, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the instructor(s).
The outcome of the review process is scheduled to be announced on December 3, 2020.