The SIGEVO Summer School (S3) goes into round 4 with a renewed format. We will be targeting the following areas of knowledge:
- General skills needed by GECCO researchers, e.g. reviewing, paper writing and presenting, as well as best practices for the empirical evaluation of evolutionary algorithms. Taught through lectures and small workshops led by summer school mentors.
- In-depth knowledge about specific topics within GECCO, mostly through attending tutorials and workshops associated with GECCO (included in price), see list of tutorials. Some mentor sessions will also be tailored towards specific research topics to allow for more in-depth discussions with an expert in the field.
The summer school is open to current students and recent graduates. There will also be ample chances to meet and work with other participants as well as senior researchers (our mentors) in a relaxed and smaller setting than during the main conference. Interested? See Call for Summer School for how to participate!
- Miguel Nicolau, University College Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Christine Zarges, Aberystwyth University, Wales, United Kingdom
Questions? Send us an email: sigevo-school at aber.ac.uk
- Juergen Branke, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Carola Doerr, CNRS and Sorbonne University, France
- Carlos Fonseca, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Erik Hemberg, MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, United States
- Manuel López-Ibáñez, University of Málaga, Spain
- Leslie Pérez Cáceres, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile
The summer school will take place from 5 - 9 July 2021 on Zoom and Gather. All times are displayed in CEST/GMT+2.
- Day 1 will be dedicated to networking and the introduction of participants and mentors, including a social event in the evening.
- Days 2 - 4 will roughly follow the following pattern:
10:30 - 11:30 Mentor presentation 11:30 - 12:00 Break 12:00 - 13:00 Mentor presentation 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch 14:00 - 15:00 Workshop 15:00 - 15:30 Break 15:30 - 16:30 Workshop 16:30 - 17:00 Wrap Up
- Day 5 will include presentations of participants.